Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 is one of the best mid range tablet from Samsung. The device met a good success in the mobile market. If you are an user of Galaxy tab 4, it can be rooted in just few taps using the CF-Autoroot package.
Rooting Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 lets you install custom ROMs, Kernels and you can customize the device to suit your desires. Before getting into the tutorial, you should know what does rooting mean?
Once you are ready to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Wi-Fi, get started with the prerequisites below.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model number should be Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Wi-Fi model [SM-T330] running Android Kitkat 4.4.2. If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Steps To Be Considered
- You must have a computer installed with Android SDK or Samsung USB drivers. The Android SDK installs ADB drivers which are required to recognize the device connected to computer.
- Enable USB debugging on the Galaxy Tab 4 which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings category. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Unlocking bootloader/Rooting will erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting tutorial.
Guide To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Wi-Fi using CF-Autoroot package
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
Steps to be followed
1. Download the CF-Autoroot package and unzip it to a folder.
2. Download the ODIN flashing tool to your PC and unzip it to desktop.
3. Turn off the Galaxy Tab. Now boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down+Power+Home buttons together. Press the Volume up button when download mode warning is shown.
4. Now launch the Odin tool and connect the phone to the PC in download mode using USB cable.
5. If the connection is successful, the left most box of the odin turns yellow with a port number in it.
6. Do not change any default settings in Odin and follow the simple step below:
Click on PDA button in ODIN and choose the previosly unzipped CF-Auto-Root-milletwifi-milletwifixx-smt330.tar.md5 file.
7. Check the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time if not checked and click Start button of Odin. The flashing process starts at the instant.
The process takes some time to complete. Do not interrupt the process. Once the flashing is compete the ID:COM box of the Odin turns green and displays PASS!! message.
That’s all! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Wi-Fi model using CF-Autoroot package.
If you face any issues while following the above tutorial, do let us know the comments section. We may help you out.