Do you own a Grand Grand 2 running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat? You can now root it and install custom android firmware on it. As Samsung has stopped releasing official software updates for it, you can manually install latest firmware. To install custom firmware, you should root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 G7105.
Rooting lets you install custom ROMs, Kernels and you can customize the device to suit your desire. Before getting into the tutorial, you should know what does rooting mean?
If you are ready to root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 G7105, do follow the below prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful installation.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting/unlocking/flashing process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 LTE(SM-G7105). If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 USB Drivers
To root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, it is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect the device, it should have installed Samsung USB drivers. If you’ve not installed previously, download them form below source and install manually.
Steps To Be Considered
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings panel. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- If the device bootloader is locked, it is to be unlocked before rooting process. You cannot gain root access unless bootloader is unlocked.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting process.
GUIDE TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND 2 G7105 ON ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer not Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the implementation at your own risk.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED
Step 1: Download CF-Auto-Root package for Galaxy Grand 2 from the downloads section.
Step 2: Download ODIN flashing tool from the downloads section. Unzip both the packages to a folder on Desktop.
Step 3: Among the unzipped files, launch ODIN setup file.
Step 4: Turn off the device and enter download mode on Galaxy Grand 2. Don’t know how? Do follow the below steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Home+Volume Down buttons.
- Now press the Power button until you see the Android logo.
- Now press Power button again to confirm
Step 5: Make a connection between PC and Galaxy Grand 2 using an USB cable in download mode. The box under ID:COM turns yellow indicating the success of connection.
Step 6: After the connection is established, click on PDA button in ODIN and choose the CF-Auto-Root-ms01lte-ms01ltexx-smg7105.tar.md5 file from the previously unzipped folder.
Step 7: Check Auto reboot and F. Reset time if not initially checked.
Step 8: After completion of all the above steps, click on Start button in ODIN which starts the flashing process. Do not interrupt it.
Step 9: Wait until the installation completes. The box under the ID:COM turns green once the installation is successful and the device reboots automatically.
You can now disconnect the Galaxy Grand 2 after the home screen is displayed. That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 G7105 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. If you face any issues while following the above guide, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.