Android 5.0 Lollipop update is not yet available for Samsung Galaxy Grand officially. But the users need not worry. You can now install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 through CM12 custom firmware. The CyanogenMod firmware is free and is designed to gain higher performance than stock firmware.
CM 12.0 ROM installs Android 5.0 Lollipop on Galaxy Grand which is not officially released by Samsung. So, the installation process may require access to root of device. Further, the ROM is under development and it may comprise some minor bugs. So, think before getting started with the tutorial.
If you are ready to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082, go through the list of prerequisites below to ensure successful installation.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before ROM installation to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model number should be Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082(Dual SIM). If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Steps To Be Considered
- You must have a computer installed with Android SDK or Samsung USB drivers. The Android SDK installs ADB drivers which are required to recognize the device connected to computer.
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy Grand which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings category. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- Get the device rooted and installed with ClockworkMod recovery which acts as medium for installation of custom firmware.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the unlocking tutorial.
Guide To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
- Download Lollipop ROM and Google Apps package to your PC. Visit XDA for more information about the ROM.
- Connect the Galaxy Grand to PC via USB and copy the downloaded files to root of SD card.
- Now disconnect the device and turn off it.
- Enter custom recovery mode by turning on the device by pressing and holding Volume up+Home+Power buttons together.
- Once the recovery mode is displayed you can use volume buttons to navigate and power button to select.
- From the recovery menu select wipe data factory reset and wipe cache partition.
- Now enter advanced options of recovery mode and choose wipe dalvik cache.
- Once done get back to main recovery menu and choose install zip from SD card>>Choose zip from SD card.
- Select the previously copied CM12 Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM package which starts the installation.
- Once done, repeat the same process for installation of Google Apps. After completion get back to recovery menu and select reboot system now.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 through CM12.0 firmware. If you got stuck up between the steps, do let us know through the comment section. We may help you out.