Xiaomi Mi4 was announced in China last year. In India it would be available from this month via Flipkart. Xiaomi Mi4 comes with Android 4.4.3 Kitkat operating system out of the box. The device features a 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touch display with 1080×1920 pixels resolution. Mi4 sports a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset with Quad-core 2.5 GHz CPU and 3 GB supporting RAM.
Xiaomi Mi4 has not yet received any official Lollipop update. But you can install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Xiaomi Mi4 through Stock ROM which is developed by Ivan. The ROM is quiet stable and comes with Google apps included. So, you need not install Google apps while flashing this ROM.
If you are ready to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Xiaomi Mi4, go through the prerequisites below to ensure successful installation of ROM.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before ROM installation to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model number should be Xiaomi Mi4(Do not attempt this tutorial on Mi4 LTE CT model). If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Steps To Be Considered
- You must have a computer installed with Android SDK. The Android SDK installs ADB drivers which are required to recognize the device connected to computer.
- Enable USB debugging on the Xiaomi Mi4 which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings category. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Root Xiaomi Mi 4 and install ClockworkMod recovery on it to support flashing Lollipop ROM.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the unlocking tutorial.
Guide To Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop On Xiaomi Mi4
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
Steps To Be Followed
- Download Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM for Xiaomi Mi4 to the PC.
- Connect the device to PC via USB and copy the ROM package into internal memory.
- Disconnect the device and reboot the device in recovery mode by accessing Tools>>Updater>> tap menu and select Reboot to Recovery mode.
- Once the device enters CWM recovery mode you can find numerous options in menu. Among them choose wipe data/factory reset option and after choose wipe cache partition.
- Go back to menu and enter advanced settings. Among them choose wipe dalvik cache.
- Get back to recovery menu and choose install zip and then choose zip from SDcard, browse the previously copied ROM package and select it.
- The installation starts automatically and do not interrupt the process until completion.
- After installation completes, navigate to +++++go back+++++ and select reboot system now from the menu.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Xiaomi Mi4. If you got stuck up between the steps, do let us know through the comments section.