Yu Yureka stood as a competition to mid range mobiles like Moto G2, Redmi Note and few other models in 2015. The device packs a 5.5-inch 720p resolution display, 13 MP primary,2 GB RAM and supporting Snapdragon 615 chipset. If you own a Yu Yureka, you can now root Yu Yureka in just a few taps.
The rooting process may erase entire data on the device or makes device unusable. So, it is suggested to follow the below perquisites to safeguard your device and protect personal data.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before flashing new firmware. This tutorial is for Yu Yureka. So, do not try this tutorial on any other devices.
Steps To Be Considered
- You must have a computer installed with Android SDK. The Android SDK installs ADB drivers which are required to recognize the device connected to computer.
- Enable USB debugging on the Yu Yureka which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings category. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 80% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- The Device bootloader must be unlocked. If you haven’t done this, do follow this tutorial.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the Rooting tutorial.
Guide to root Yu Yureka and install Custom recovery
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
Steps to install CWM Custom recovery
To get started with rooting process, the device should have pre-installed custom recovery. Follow the below steps do install custom recovery on Yu Yureka:
1. Download the ADB and fastboot tools and unzip them to desktop.
2. Download the recovery-yu.img file and place the file in the unzipped folder of ADB tools.
3. Now power off the Yu Yureka. Connect it to PC using USB cable and wait until the red notification light appears on phone. Once done, keep pressing Volume Up button of Yureka until fastboot mode is displayed on screen.
3. Now launch a command prompt window[Shift+Right Click>>Choose Open command window here] in the same folder of ADB tools.
4. Once the command prompt window is opened, enter the following command and press enter:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
5. That’s all! the command processes the installation of CWM recovery on Yu Yureka. To confirm the installation, turn off the device and boot your phone with Power+Volume Up buttons together. If the device boots into a new recovery other than stock recovery, the installation is successful.
You can now step into gaining root access of the device.
Steps to Root Yu Yureka
1. Download the SuperSu file which lets you manage root permissions.
2. Copy the downloaded zip file to the root folder of Yu Yureka. Make sure you do not copy it in any inner folders.
3. Now turn off the device and boot into custom recovery. You can use Volume buttons to navigate and Power buttons to select in recovery mode.
4. Find and select install zip from SD card. Navigate using buttons and choose the previously copied zip file.
5. Confirm installation in the next step. The SuperSu will be flashed on your device in few moments.
6. That’s it! Now go back to menu and choose Reboot your system.
Once the device boots up as usual, you can find SuperSu app in the apps drawer of the device.
So, you’ve successfully installed CWM recovery and rooted Yu Yureka. If you got stuck up between any steps, mention the issue in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.