The Yu Yureka is one of the best phone running Cyanongen OS. The device packs a 5.5-inch 720p resolution display, 13 MP primary,2 GB RAM and supporting Snapdragon 615 chipset. If you own a Yu Yureka, you can now root Yu Yureka and use it to full extent. But rooting can be only done on bootloader unlocked devices. Here’s a simple tutorial to unlock bootloader of Yu Yureka in just few taps.
The bootloader unlocking process may erase entire data on device. So, follow the below mentioned prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful unlocking process.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before flashing new firmware. This tutorial is for Yu Yureka. So, do not try this tutorial on any other devices.
Steps To Be Considered
- You must have a computer installed with Android SDK. The Android SDK installs ADB drivers which are required to recognize the device connected to computer.
- Enable USB debugging on the Yu Yureka which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings category. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 80% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- Unlocking the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the Rooting tutorial.
Guide to unlock Bootloader of Yu Yureka
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
Steps to be followed
1. Download the ADB tools and extract them to desktop.
2. Now turn off the device and connect it to PC using an USB cable.
3. Once the LED glows RED, press and hold the Volume Up button until the fastboot screen is displayed.
4. Now launch a command prompt window[Shift+Right Click>>Choose Open command window here] in the same folder of ADB tools.
5. Once the command prompt window is opened, enter the following command and press enter:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
6. That’s it. Your device bootloader is now unlocked.
As your device bootloader is unlocked, you can install custom recovery and root Yu Yureka.
If you face any issues while unlocking booloader of Yu Yureka, use comment section to interact with us. We will be glad to here from you.