The Redmi Note was released in August 2014 which made a tough competition to many mid range smartphones. The device features a 5.5-inch 720×1280 pixels resolution display. It comes out of box with Android JellyBean v4.2 which can be upgraded to Android Kitkat v4.4.2. If you are an user of Redmi Note and wish to do more with the device, here is a guide to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G model.
Rooting Redmi Note lets you install custom ROMs, Kernels and you can customize the device to suit your desire. Before getting into the tutorial, you should know what does rooting mean?
If you are ready to root Redmi Note, get started with the prerequisites below to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful rooting.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model number should be Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G model running MIUI V18.104.22.168KHIMICD/V22.214.171.124KHIMICD/V126.96.36.199KHIMICB/V188.8.131.52KHIMICB If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Steps To Be Considered
- You must have a computer installed with Android SDK. The Android SDK installs ADB drivers which are required to recognize the device connected to computer.
- Enable USB debugging on the Redmi Note which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings category. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 80% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting process.
Guide to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
Steps to be followed
1. Download the root file which matches with the software version of your device. (Scroll down to find the download section in the mentioned source).
2. Connect the Redmi Note to PC and copy the downloaded root file to the root folder of device. Make sure you copy it to internal memory of device.
3. Disconnect the phone from PC and launch the Updater app on phone.
4. Tap the three horizontal dots on top right of the app main window. Find and choose Select update package.
5. Now browse and choose the previously copied zipped root file from the internal memory and if prompted confirm the installation.
6. After the installation the device reboots. Now launch the Security app and head over to permissions page and turn on the Root Permission and confirm any security popups.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. Now you can do more with root access on your device.
If you face any issues during the installation, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.