Yu Yureka plus is the follow up device of Yu Yureka. It was announced and released in July 2015. The device packs a 5.5-inch HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection. It comes out of box with Android Kitkat v4.4.4 which can be upgraded to Android Lollipop v5.0.2. If you are an user of Yu Yureka plus and wish to use it to full extent, you should unlock bootloader of Yu Yureka Plus.
Unlocking bootloader lets you install custom recovery, root the device and do more with the device. The unlocking process erases the entire data on phone. So, follow the below mentioned prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful unlocking process.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before unlocking to ensure successful completion. The device model number should be Yu Yureka Plus. If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Steps To Be Considered
- You must have a computer installed with Android SDK. The Android SDK installs ADB drivers which are required to recognize the device connected to computer.
- Enable USB debugging on the Yu Yureka Plus which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings category. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 80% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- Unlocking the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting process.
Guide to unlock bootloader of Yu Yureka Plus
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
Steps to be followed
1. Firstly, download the ADB and fastboot tools and extract them to Desktop.
2. Now connect Yu Yureka Plus to PC using a USB cable.
3. Now launch a command prompt window[Shift+Right Click>>Choose Open command window here] in the previously extracted ADB tools folder.
4. In command prompt, enter the following command which displays device model if connected successfully
5. To unlock bootloader of Yu Yureka, it must be in bootloader mode. To enter bootloader mode, enter below command
6. The device will now restart into bootloader mode. Once the device is booted, enter the following command to know whether the bootloader of Yu Yureka plus is unlocked
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem device-info
7. If it is unlocked, it displays True and if not False. So if it displays False, do follow the next step.
8. Enter the following command to unlock the bootloader
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
That’s it! The device reboots automatically with unlocked bootloader.
You’ve successfully unlocked bootloader of Yu Yureka Plus. If you face any issues during the tutorial, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.