Yu Yureka Plus is one of the best mid range smartphones. It comes with 5.5-inch HD display with Corning gorilla glass 3 protection. Out of box it runs on Android Kitkat v4.4 which could be upgraded to Android Lollipop v5.0.2. If you are an user of Yu Yureka plus, you can now root Yu Yureka Plus and install custom recovery in few steps by following the below guide.
Rooting Yu Yureka Plus lets you install custom ROMs, Kernels and you can customize the device to suit your desire. Before getting into the tutorial, you should know what does rooting mean?
If you are ready to root Yu Yureka Plus, follow the prerequisites below to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful completion.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Yu Yureka Plus. If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Steps To Be Considered
- You must have a computer installed with Android SDK. The Android SDK installs ADB drivers which are required to recognize the device connected to computer.
- Enable USB debugging on the Yu Yureka Plus which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings category. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 80% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- The device must have unlocked Bootloader. If you haven’t done this previously, you should unlock bootloader of Yu Yureka plus now.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting process.
Guide to root Yu Yureka Plus
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
Steps to be followed
1 . Download the ADB and Fastboot tools to your PC and unzip them to desktop.
2. Download TWRP Recovery image file to your PC and copy it to the previously extracted folder.
3. Download SuperSu file to your PC.
4. Now connect Yu Yureka Plus to PC using a USB cable and copy the SuperSu file to root folder of the device.
5. Now launch a command prompt window[Shift+Right Click>>Choose Open command window here] in the previously extracted ADB tools folder.
6. To use the Custom recovery image, the device must be in bootloader mode. To enter bootloader mode enter following command in command prompt
7. Once the device is in bootloader mode, you can work with the custom recovery on the device. Enter the following command to do it.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf boot TWRP_V184.108.40.206_YUREKA.img
8. This command launches the TWRP recovery on your device. Now Wipe off the data and cache on device using TWRP options. Finally navigate to previously copied SuperSu file and choose it. After the flashing completes reboot the device.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted Yu Yureka Plus using TWRP Custom recovery. If you face any issues while following the above tutorial, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.