Samsung has recently released Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Galaxy Note 3. The company may take some time to release Android 5.1 update which was already released recent devices. Meanwhile you can try out custom Lollipop firmware with many custom features.
Yes, you can update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1 lollipop through CrDroid custom firmware. The CrDroid firmware equips a set of custom features which could not be found in stock firmware. So, if you wish to install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Galaxy Note 3 N9005, do follow the prerequisites below to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful installation.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting/unlocking/flashing process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005(LTE Variant, Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core CPU). If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Samsung Note 3 USB Drivers
To transfer firmware packages, it is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect the device, it should have installed Samsung USB drivers. If you’ve not installed previously, download them form below source and install manually.
Steps To Be Considered
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings panel. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- If the device bootloader is locked, it is to be unlocked before rooting process. You cannot gain root access unless bootloader is unlocked.
- To install custom ROM’s/Firmware the Galaxy Note 3 is to be rooted and should be installed with Clockworkmod recovery. Perform this step if not done previously.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the Lollipop installation process.
Guide to update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1 Lollipop
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the implementation at your own risk.
Steps to be followed:
Step 2: Connect Galaxy Note 3 to PC using USB cable and transfer the downloaded packages into the root folder. Make sure you do not copy them in folders.
Step 3: Disconnect the USB cable and turn off the device.
Step 4: Now enter the recovery mode on Galaxy Note 3 following below step:
- Turn on the device by holding Volume up+Home+Power buttons together until you see the recovery mode.
Step 5: Once the device is in CWM recovery mode, it displays a list of options. Among them find and select wipe data/factory reset(Use Power button to choose and Volume buttons to navigate).
Step 6: Now perform a complete cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition.
Step 7: After completion of above steps, get into advanced and select wipe dalvik cache.
Step 8: Once done, go back to main menu and select install zip from sdcard. Using Power and Volume buttons navigate to the previously copied CrDroid Lollipop 5.1 ROM package. Confirm the installation in next step which starts the installation process.
Step 9: Repeat the Step 8 and choose the Google apps package as well. The installation may take some time. Do not interrupt the process.
Step 10: After installation completes successfully, select reboot system now option to reboot the device.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Note 3 N9005 reboots running Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system formulated by CrDroid team. If you face any issues while installation, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.