Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 Wi-Fi received Android 4.4 Kitkat update few months ago. If you are using the stock firmware for a long time, you might have got bored of it. If you wish to tweak the operating system to make some change, you should gain the root access. Yes, you can root Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.0 Wi-Fi running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat easily and modify it to your desired way.
Rooting Galaxy TabPro 8.4 Wi-Fi lets you install custom ROMs, Kernels and you can customize the device to suit your desire. Before getting into the tutorial, you should know what does rooting mean?
If you are ready to root Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4, do follow the prerequisites below to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful rooting process.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting/unlocking/flashing process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 (SM-T320). If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 USB Drivers
To root Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4, it is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect the device, it should have installed Samsung USB drivers. If you’ve not installed previously, download them form below source and install manually.
Steps To Be Considered
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings panel. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- If the device bootloader is locked, it is to be unlocked before rooting process. You cannot gain root access unless bootloader is unlocked.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting process.
Guide to root Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 Wi-Fi on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the implementation at your own risk.
Steps to be followed
We will be using ODIN flashing tool to flash the rooting file on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4. Follow the below steps carefully to ensure successful completion.
Step 1: Download CF-Auto-Root package to your PC and unzip it to any folder handy to access.
Step 2: Download ODIN flashing tool and unzip it to desktop.
Step 3: Now switch off the Galaxy Tab 8.4 and enter the download mode. Don’t know how? Do follow the below steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Home+Volume Down buttons.
- Now press the Power button until you see the Android logo.
- Now press Power button again to confirm
Step 4: Open the previously unzipped ODIN flashing tool and connect the Galaxy Tab 8.4 to PC using USB cable in download mode.
Step 5: Once the device gets detected, the box under ID:COM turns Yellow. It says the connection is successful.
Step 6: As the connection is done, you can now get started with flashing process of rooting package. Click on PDA button in ODIN and choose the CF-Auto-Root-mondrianwifi-mondrianwifixx-smt320.tar.md5 file from previously extracted CF-Auto-Root package.
Step 7: Check Auto reboot and F. Reset time in ODIN window if not checked already. Click Start button and wait until the installation completes. Do not interrupt the process.
Step 8: Once the installation is successfully, the box under ID:COM turns green. The device reboots and disconnect it once you see the boot-screen animation.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 SM-T320 running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. If you face any issues while following the above steps, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.