The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 is the minimal version of Galaxy S4. All Galaxy S4 variants are running on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system. But the S4 Mini variants are still running on Android Kitkat. But, you can still install Android Lollip0p on Galaxy S4 mini using custom ROM. You should root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 to install Custom ROMs.
Rooting Galaxy S4 Mini lets you install custom ROMs, Kernels and you can customize the device to suit your desire. Before getting into the tutorial, you should know what does rooting mean?
If you are ready to root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 LTE, do follow the prerequisites below to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful rooting process.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting/unlocking/flashing process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE(GT-I9195) and running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system. If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini USB Drivers
To root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, it is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect the device, it should have installed Samsung USB drivers. If you’ve not installed previously, download them form below source and install manually.
Steps To Be Considered
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings panel. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- If the device bootloader is locked, it is to be unlocked before rooting process. You cannot gain root access unless bootloader is unlocked.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting process.
Guide to root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 LTE on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the implementation at your own risk.
Steps to be followed
Step 1: Download the CF-Auto-Root package and ODIN flashing tool from the downloads section.
Step 2: Unzip the downloaded packages into a folder on Desktop.
Step 3: Turn off the Galaxy S4 Mini and enter download mode in it. Don’t know how? Do follow the below steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Home+Volume Down buttons.
- Now press the Power button until you see the Android logo.
- Now press Power button again to confirm.
Step 4: Now launch the ODIN setup file from previously unzipped folder.
Step 5: In download mode, connect the Galaxy S4 mini to PC using USB cable. If the box under ID:COM turns Yellow, it says the connection is successful.
Step 6: Once the connection is successful, click on the PDA button in ODIN and choose the CF-Auto-Root-serranolte-serranoltexx-gti9195.tar.md5 file from the previously unzipped package.
Step 7: Check F. Reset time and Auto Reboot if not checked previously.
Step 8: After completion of all the above steps successfully, click Start button in ODIN. It starts the autoroot package installation process. Do not interrupt the flashing process.
Step 9: After the installation is complete, the device reboots automatically and the box under ID:COM turns green. You can now disconnect the S4 mini after home screen is displayed.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 using CF-Auto-Root package. If you face any issues while following the above tutorial, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.