If you own a Galaxy tab 4, you should keep an eye on notification panel to see the new software update notification. AT&T announced the official release of Android 5.1 update for Samsung Galaxy 4 8.0 LTE variant with model number SM-T337A. The update is already rolled out and users all round the United States could get the notification of much awaited Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update at anytime.
The users of Galaxy Tab 4 have already experienced the material design of Android 5.0 Lollipop with previous update. The new 5.1 update has packed few security and performance improvements. Further, it comes with enhanced Wi-Fi and Bluetooth management. There would be additional animations to Android 5.0, improved notifications and improved memory management.
Android 5.1 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE
How to update
Even though the update is official OTA update, it is suggested to backup important data on the device before getting started. The update weighs around 870 MB. So, it is preferable to use Wi-Fi network rather than Mobile data. Once you connect to the Wi-Fi or Mobile network, the Android 5.1 update notification appears in notification panel. If the notification didn’t appear, you can manually check for updates:
- Launch Settings app on Galaxy Tab.
- Navigate to General tab.
- Tap About device.
- Tap Software update and select check for updates.
- The device now fetches the update information if available any.
- As AT&T has already pushed Android 5.1 Lollipop update for Galaxy Tab 4, you can see the update details when checked. Start downloading the update using Wi-Fi network.
- Once download is complete, tap restart device.
- The update installation takes some time. Do not interrupt the process.
- The device displays status message of successful installation.
- Tap done.
Once done, you can verify the update by navigating to Menu>>Settings>>General>>About device, you can see the software version as Android 5.1.1.
Have you updated Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 to Android 5.1 Lollipop? How is your experience with it? Do you feel the new improvements? Do let us know through the comments section.