You can now root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 using the Chainfire’s autoroot package. The rooting is made pretty easier with the CF-Auto-root package. If you have updated Android 4.4.2 kitkat on Galaxy Note 8.0, you can root it and do more with it. Rooting Galaxy Note 8.0 lets you install custom ROMs, Kernels and you can customize the device to suit your desire. Before getting into the tutorial, you should know what does rooting mean?
If you are ready to root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, do follow the prerequisites below to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful rooting process.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting/unlocking/flashing process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi(GT-N5110) running on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 USB Drivers
To root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, it is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect the device, it should have installed Samsung USB drivers. If you’ve not installed previously, download them form below source and install manually.
Steps To Be Considered
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy Note which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings panel. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- If the device bootloader is locked, it is to be unlocked before rooting process. You cannot gain root access unless bootloader is unlocked.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting process.
Guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the implementation at your own risk.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED
Step 1: Download the CF-Auto-Root package and Odin flashing tool from the above downloads section to your PC.
Step 2: Create a new folder on Desktop and unzip download packages into the folder.
Step 3: Now enter the download mode on Galaxy Note. Don’t know how? Follow the below steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Home+Volume Down buttons.
- Now press the Power button until you see the Android logo.
- Now press Power button again to confirm
Step 4: Once the device is in download mode, launch the ODIN setup file from the previously created folder.
Step 5: Connect the Galaxy Note to PC using USB cable. If the ODIN detects it, the box under ID:COM turns yellow.
Step 6: If the connection is successful, click on PDA button in ODIN and choose the CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5 file from the folder on desktop.
Step 7: Check the Auto reboot and F. Reset time if not checked previously.
Step 8: If all the above steps are successful, click on Start button in ODIN. It starts the flashing process. Do not interrupt the flashing process.
Step 9: Once the installation is completed, the box under ID:COM turns green indicating success of flashing process. Now the device reboots and you can disconnect the device after home screen is displayed.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 running on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system. If you face any issues while following the above tutorial, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.