If you use an Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 running on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, you can now root and do more with it. The Chainfire’s auto root package has made the rooting easier. You can now root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 in just a few taps.
Rooting Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 lets you install custom ROMs, Kernels and you can customize the device to suit your desire. Before getting into the tutorial, you should know what does rooting mean?
If you are ready to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, do follow the prerequisites below to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful rooting process.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting/unlocking/flashing process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 Wi-Fi(SM-T530) running on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 USB Drivers
To root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, it is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect the device, it should have installed Samsung USB drivers. If you’ve not installed previously, download them form below source and install manually.
Steps To Be Considered
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings panel. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- If the device bootloader is locked, it is to be unlocked before rooting process. You cannot gain root access unless bootloader is unlocked.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting process.
GUIDE TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 4 8.0 SM-T530 RUNNING ON ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the implementation at your own risk.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED
Step 1: Download the ODIN flashing tool and CF-Auto-Root package from the above downloads section to your PC.
Step 2: Create a new folder on desktop and unzip the downloaded packages into it.
Step 3: Launch the ODIN setup file from the created folder.
Step 4: Now enter the download mode on Galaxy Tab 4 10.1. Don’t know how? Do follow the below steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Home+Volume Down buttons.
- Now press the Power button until you see the Android logo.
- Now press Power button again to confirm.
Step 5: While the device is in download mode, connect it to PC using an USB cable. If the ODIN detects it, the box under ID:COM turns yellow.
Step 6: Once the connection is successful, click on PDA button in ODIN and select the CF-Auto-Root-matissewifi-matissewifizs-smt530.tar.md5 file from previously created folder.
Step 7: Check Auto reboot and F. reset time if not checked previously.
Step 8: Once all the above steps are completed successfully, click on Start button in ODIN. It starts the flashing process. Do not interrupt it.
Step 9: On completion of the installation, the device restarts and the box under ID:COM turns green if the installation is successful. You can disconnect the USB cable after seeing the home screen.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530 running on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. If you face any issues while following the above guide, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.