LG announced Poland users will be the first to taste Marshmallow on LG G4. The company did the same at the time of first Lollipop release from LG in 2014. The company added, update would start rolling out next week in Poland and other countries Europe, Asia and America to follow.
LG G4 would be the first device in the world to receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow update besides Google Nexus devices. The update notification may appear at anytime next week on your device. So, keep an eye on notification panel of your G3.
What’s new on Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
The Android 6.0 is designed to provide users a long lasting experience. It includes the following features:
- The app permission management is now made easier, not just while installing the apps but at any time.
- Silent feature for sound and additional vibrate mode and Do Not Distrub mode to block all sounds.
- New Doze mode to shutdown all the background process when the device is not in use saves a lot of battery life.
Not just these features, there are many other included in the update. So, you should wait to get hands on the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for LG G4.
LG BEGINS ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW ROLLOUT STARTING WITH G4
LG Customers in Poland to be World’s First to Receive Android Upgrade
SEOUL, Oct. 15, 2015 ― Owners of LG Electronics’ (LG) G4 smartphone will be the first in the world to receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. LG G4 owners in Poland will begin receiving their M upgrade beginning next week with other markets in Europe, Asia and the Americas to follow.
The latest update to the Android operating system offers a number of features designed to enhance the user experience, such as:
- Permissions have been simplified with greater control of the information applications can access, not only at the installation stage but any time
- Silent feature for sound and vibrate mode as well as a Do Not Disturb mode to block all sounds or only alarms and notifications
- Doze Mode which shuts down background processing of certain apps when the phone is not in use, to significantly prolong battery life
“By working closely with Google, LG has been able to bring Android 6.0 to the G4 ahead of any of our competitors,” said Chris Yie, vice president and head of marketing communications for LG Mobile Communications Company. “While speed alone isn’t an indicator of great service, it does go a long way toward giving consumers the confidence that LG is committed to its existing customers first.”
Details of the Android M upgrade schedule and affected models will be announced in individual markets.