Do you own a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? If yes, here’s a good news. You can now root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using the chainfire’s auto root package. The autoroot package is developed for the beginners to stay close to stock even after rooting.
Rooting lets you install custom ROMs, Kernels and you can customize the device to suit your desire. Before getting into the tutorial, you should know what does rooting mean?. Also note that rooting the device trips Knox warranty i.e., Knox and its supporting apps(like Samsung Pay) will no longer work on the device if rooted.
If you are ready to root Samsung Galaxy tab s2, do follow the prerequisites below to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful rooting process.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting/unlocking/flashing process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Samsung Galaxy Tab S2(SM-TSM-T710/T810/T715/T815). If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 USB Drivers
To root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, it is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect the device, it should have installed Samsung USB drivers. If you’ve not installed previously, download them form below source and install manually.
Steps To Be Considered
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings panel. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- If the device bootloader is locked, it is to be unlocked before rooting process. You cannot gain root access unless bootloader is unlocked.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the rooting process.
GUIDE TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY Tab S2 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer not Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the implementation at your own risk.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED
Step 1: Download CF-Auto-Root package for Galaxy Tab S2 from the downloads section.
Step 2: Download ODIN flashing tool from the downloads section. Unzip both the packages to a folder on Desktop.
Step 3: Among the unzipped files, launch ODIN setup file.
Step 4: Turn off the device and enter download mode on Galaxy Tab S2. Don’t know how? Do follow the below steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Home+Volume Down buttons.
- Now press the Power button until you see the Android logo.
- Now press Power button again to confirm
Step 5: Make a connection between PC and Galaxy Tab S2 using an USB cable in download mode. The box under ID:COM turns yellow indicating the success of connection.
Step 6: After the connection is established, click on PDA button in ODIN and choose the file with .tar.md5 from the previously unzipped folder.
Step 7: Check Auto reboot and F. Reset time if not initially checked.
Step 9: Wait until the installation completes. The box under the ID:COM turns green once the installation is successful and the device reboots automatically.
You can now disconnect the Galaxy Tab S2 after the home screen is displayed. That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. If you face any issues while following the above guide, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.